Resources for Autism Spectrum learners
No two kids on this spectrum will be the same, so of course, no resource list will apply or be a perfect fit for everyone. I offer this is a starting point or list of possible resources, and you will have to evaluate the relevance for your child and your situation. Please feel free to email me with resources you would add to this list and would like to share with others.
- Helping Children with Autism Learn (Treatment approaches for parents and professionals) by Bryna Siegel, Phd.
- 1001 Great Ideas for Teaching and Raising Children with Autism or Aspergers
- A Treasure Chest of Behavioral Strategies for Individuals with Autism by Beth Fouse and Maria Wheeler
- Behavioral Interventions for Young Children with Autism- A manual for parents and professionals edited by Catherine Maurice, Gina Green and C. Luce
- Autism: an Inside Out Approach by Donna Williams
Research Journals and Magazines
www.aha-as-pdd.org Advocates for High functioning Autism, Aspergers and PDD.
www.aane.org Aspergers Assoc of New England
www.autismone.org parent oriented group
www.autismwebsite.com/ari/index.html Autism research institute
www.danconference.com Defeat Autism Now
www.feat.org Families for Early Autism Treatment
www.grasp.org Global and Regional Aspergers Syndrome Partnership
Insight from others with ASD
ani.autistics.org Autism Network International
www.mnautism.org Mn autism Center
www.ausm.org autism Society of MN
www.meapkids.org Mn early Autism Project
www.fraser.org Fraser center